PDA

View Full Version : Open Cube Software

General_T
11-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Can Spry create any type of menu Bar or is it limited? I don't mean flash menus but menus like the ones shown in the Open Cube software.

http://www.opencube.com/index.asp

What do most ppl use for really professional looking menus?

I am willing to invest the time in Spry if it gets me these fancier looking menus - but if its limited to pretty basic menus then I would like to use up my time in another menu builder application.

Please advise.

Thanks

johnMoss
11-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I would answer this as 'form, fit, and function'. I've used menu creator software, including flash, spry, and by scratch. Each has their application relevant to the design of the site. Flash is pretty well on it's way out the door in the face of more efficient javascript applications, so if you want bells & whistles go with JS, and there are abundant open-source scripts to play with. To answer your question, the most common menus are typically simple and fast, utilizing whatever resource depending on the editor in use. With dreamweaver, that would be spry.

General_T
11-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi,

Thank you for this. Appreciate the straightforwardness of the answer.

Cheers

domedia
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
I think you'll find that many that do this for a living hand code them.
There should be some great free ones out there though.

edbr
11-14-2011, 12:15 AM
i like to check out cssplay.co.uk periodically to see what he has come up with in menus, he has some good stuff for inspiration