PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Dreamweaver Window

lee.munders
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me. I have designed several sites using CSS to do the layout. Quite often when changing the rules, div's etc, my web page looks all out of sync in my Dreamweaver window. However, when I either upload it to my server or just preview it in any browser it looks fine. I've tried closing dreamweaver down and opening it up again but it still looks all over the place in dreamweaver but fine on the web. Any ideas why?

Corrosive
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Probably just because DW's WYSIWYG is a bit ropey at times. As long as it displays in the browser then job done.

DWcourse
11-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Design View is way out of date. So you can't depend on it. If you have a newer version with Live Preview, check your site out that way. If not, preview in a browser. It it works in the browser (all of them), don't worry about Design View.

BTW, Dreamweaver does support something called Design Time Style Sheets that you can use to improve the Design View without affecting the site when it's viewed in a browser but it's really not worth the effort.