PDA

View Full Version : Spry Menu Bar doesn't appear in Live View

SimoneS93
11-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm new to Dreamweaver and I'm trying to insert a Spry Menu Bar in my website. The problem is it appears in the Design View, but when I go to Live View, it suddenly disappers. Can someone help me?

johnMoss
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
How bout preview in browser? Is it missing there too?

DWcourse
11-08-2011, 03:04 AM
You're going to need to post the page somewhere so we can look at it.

SimoneS93
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I followed the Adobe's tutorial, so I'm uploading the file I created (all but the images). The Spry Menu Bar disappeas in the browers too. I hope you can help me in this way.
Oh, when I click on the blue target of the Bar, it gives me an error.

johnMoss
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Without having your images it's difficult to know precisely your problem. The bar does not disappear, it's simply colored the same as the background, which right now is white in the absence of images perhaps, or is it supposed to be?
Heres a thought though... These Creative Suite tutorials have the accompanying CD which has both practice and complete source files for you to examine when you run into problems. You need only look at the differences in the code.

DWcourse
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
actually I meant to post the page online and give us a url.

SimoneS93
11-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I followed the tutorial to set up the site, it didn't cover the Spry Menu Bar: I read about it on a guide-book. However, here is the entire folder I have on my computer, with the images too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7rs6nhhhmaok6nm

Dwcourse, this is the link (although I can't understand how would it help you):

http://mysitotest.altervista.org/check_cs5/index.html

DWcourse
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
although I can't understand how would it help you):

It helps because it allows me to see the problem in a live environment and to explore your CSS using the FireBug plugin for Firefox. With a link you would have hand the answer 4 days ago.

All the list items <li> in a Spry menu are floated left, which means they do not affect the position of other elements on the page, specifically the image right below the menu. So the image appears over the menu.

The solution is to add a clearing element after the menu. In your code add this:

<div style="clear:both"></div>

After the closing </ul> of the menu and before the closing div tag </div) of the banner div.

SimoneS93
11-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks DWcourse, I solved the problem.