PDA

View Full Version : CS5 AP elements panel

cowpuncher007
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Just installed CS5 coming from CS3. New computer as well. Moved my site files into the new system, made my server connection, etc. Everything is good except, even though there are dozens of AP elements on a page, the elements panel is empty. Nothing there. I can live without it, but wonder why these divs aren't shown. Usually means I'm missing something obvious. Am I?

cowpuncher007
11-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Additional info. If I draw out a new div, APdiv1, I see it in the panel, but not the others that already exist.

domedia
11-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I never used the AP DIV's. I thought they were evil..

DWcourse
11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't have CS3 anymore so I can't try the same process and I don't generally use AP divs (and don't "draw" them in any case) but it seems to be working fine for me.

I don't see it helping but you might try refreshing the site view (F5) or the refresh icon in the Files palette.

cowpuncher007
11-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your quick responses. With all due respect, however, my question isn't about the wisdom or efficacy of using AP divs. Your positions on that are well known, and I'm sure, correct. My question is about migrating from CS3 to CS5. My site was created in CS3. When a page is open in CS3, all of the AP divs are shown in the AP panel, with the visibility eye, the Z-index, nesting, etc. When the site is opened in CS5 the AP panel is blank. Is it a version compatibility issue? I don't really use the panel much anymore, it just seems weird that they're not there.

cowpuncher007
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I guess I'll assume, since 57 people have looked at this and no solution has been offered, that this is a problem that is unique to my software/system combination. Also, I've been making big changes to the site in recent days and haven't missed the AP listing, so I guess I don't need it really. Still seems weird though.

DWcourse
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
It's a weird glitch. Other than redefining the site I don't have a clue. But, if it's not really a problem, I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. Just chalk it up to bad karma or something.

cowpuncher007
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks. When I was working, I realized that I don't use the panel anymore. Just wondered where they went.

johnMoss
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I gotta go with Jim on this, for whatever reason it's not cached. Redefine the site and it oughta show up.