PDA

View Full Version : HELP: trouble duplicating page code

b.mazz
11-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I am doing a project for college, and the objective is to create a website, but there is one catch: I MUST use Dreamweaver. As someone who has been writing HTML for about 12 years, I can't stand the program, honestly. I'm used to simply using a command box and starting from scratch.

The problem here is that I used DW to create a nice homepage, complete with a header, menu links, slideshow, and text. I want to use the same exact layout for each directory of the website (i.e. Home, About, Photos, etc.) but the program WILL NOT read the code correctly, despite the exact copy and paste. I went through the code to check for <head></head> tags and such, and all that kept happening was error codes pertaining to "editable nesting" or something of the sort.

I am beyond frustrated and I wish I could just do this the "old-fashioned" way, but unfortunately I cannot. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Brittani

mangofreak
11-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Go to code view and do it manually. Dreamweaver is not limited to wysiwyg. It has a nice code view that allows you to type your own code. Or on the other hand, use your favorite text editor, once done copy and paste the code to DW. A bit of cheating there but it show work. Unless you need to show your proficiency using DW. ;) what to do????

gentleone
11-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Go to code view and do it manually. Dreamweaver is not limited to wysiwyg. It has a nice code view that allows you to type your own code. Or on the other hand, use your favorite text editor, once done copy and paste the code to DW. A bit of cheating there but it show work. Unless you need to show your proficiency using DW. ;) what to do????
Solid advice from Mangofreak! Just use code view... you're still using DW :) Most of the regulars here on the forum are working in DW code view.