PDA

View Full Version : Music Issues

Chapo
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok... i want to add music to a clients website, but when it changes links it stops or i can put back but from the beggining, how can i fix this so the music will always be playing without inturruptions even when changing links ?

gentleone
10-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok... i want to add music to a clients website, but when it changes links it stops or i can put back but from the beggining, how can i fix this so the music will always be playing without inturruptions even when changing links ?
You could solve this by loading the content in a div/section with AJAX, so that there is for the rest of the page no page refresh. But this has its downside re SEO, if you don't do it right.

Here is a simple tutorial plus example.
http://www.worldwidewhat.net/2011/06/making-seo-friendly-ajax-easy/

Chapo
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanx.. i have never used AJAX, but i will give it a try..!!

gentleone
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanx.. i have never used AJAX, but i will give it a try..!!
Your welcome, Chapo! But i didn't look good enough at the code examples of that tutorial otherwise I would have seen immediately that it uses ASP. Will have alook if I can find a better example for you.

Chapo
10-30-2011, 09:14 PM
That will be great... i'm creating a simple website, that combines relaxation, spa, green and self-welness, so i want to add some kind of smooth music.

domedia
10-31-2011, 12:47 AM
That will be great... i'm creating a simple website, that combines relaxation, spa, green and self-welness, so i want to add some kind of smooth music.

All studies ever taken on web sites and music points in one direction. It is the opposite of relaxing. You're completely missing the mark imho.

gentleone
10-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, Domedia is right. Unless the site you build is really related to music (band, dj, clubnight, festival, etc.), you can consider to have a audio player/track on autoplay on page load, but even then it's still recommended not to have it on autoplay.