PDA

View Full Version : preloading

dragon girl
10-27-2011, 03:34 AM
I guess I am going to overkill this subject, but, I have a spinner I want to use for preloading my website once I hit enter. Its from Preloader.net. I downloaded the generated preloader but I am not sure how to make it work. I got it to spin when I insert from my Assets Panel. This only inserted the spinning image over my "Enter" and does nothing but spins. Any ideas?

domedia
10-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi dragon girl,

It depends a little on what is actually loading.

dragon girl
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
well I am trying to get so that when someone hits the "Enter" into my website a spinner can let people know that the home page is loading. Sometimes I notice it takes 5 seconds for other website's pages to load, 5 seconds is a long time. So I want to use a spinning wheel to do the same.

Corrosive
10-28-2011, 06:34 AM
To be honest, if your website takes that long to load you need to re-code it. Using a spinner is papering over the cracks for me.

domedia
10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Right, 5 seconds is a long time, and you could probably reduce that considerably.
Web sites don't typically use loading animations to load.

By adding an animated spinner, your web site will take longer to load.

dragon girl
10-28-2011, 05:31 PM
ok, my website takes 1 second to load. I want to use the spinner for looks. I have seen other websites that use spinners when the "Enter" is clicked and I like the way that looks. That's all. 8-)

domedia
10-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Those web sites use the spinner because they have a lot of data to load, and the spinner is there to indicate that something is loading so that the user do not get confused. It's not for looks, it's to better the user experience.

If you do a Google image search for 'loading' you'll get quite a few examples of those animated GIF's.