PDA

View Full Version : Php installation tutorial gets hung up on the create database steps.

Austintxous
10-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Working through the excellent tutorial by David Powers, about setting up a php environment in DW, http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/setup_php.html, I've hit a snag.

Down in the section "Creating a MySQL database and user account" is where I go off the rails. I create a database named 'phptest', then try to import it into my setup, and I get an error #1046. No database selected. After investigating, I found the path that the tutorial specified for me to create the database, in htdocs/php_test/assets...did have a file named 'php_test.sql, but it was the default file that writes a databas, supplied with the tutorial. However something WAS written to another directory, Xampp/mysql/data.

It was a FOLDER named 'phptest', with a file in it named 'db.opt' I can't import this folder into my project, as it will only take a database file or an archive. So, I'm stuck and don't know what to do next...
This is on Windows 7 64 bit. Php
I'm running the default installation of php, as the tutorial directs. Other specs: Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 MySQL client version: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 310735 $ PHP extension: mysql Ideas? Thanks

edbr
10-26-2011, 07:14 AM
you are using xxamp? if so open phpmy admin create your database and give permissions from there