PDA

View Full Version : aspec ratio?

marcia
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM
I am working on this site on my Imac, browsing in Firefox, and Safari. I'm not sure how to browse in IE, as it's not one of my choices in View. Recently I went on a trip. While waiting for the airplane, I opened up the site on their computers and at the hotel, etc. They use IE. The site was squished down making it appeared wider and everything was distorted. Does anyone know how to fix this?

www.multiplechoicebags.com (http://www.multiplechoicebags.com)

domedia
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
You would have to know which flavor of IE you were using.
Not checking your site in IE is not an option I'm afraid, as it's the mot used browser in the world :-/

Your site looks almost the same in the lastest IE and G Chrome.

marcia
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
You would have to know which flavor of IE you were using.
Not checking your site in IE is not an option I'm afraid, as it's the mot used browser in the world :-/

Your site looks almost the same in the lastest IE and G Chrome.

I have the pre-released version of Windows 7, using IE8, on my Mac.

On the PC I have Windows 7, IE version 9, and have downloaded the latest version of Chrome. The site looks ok on all three, but on all the others (airport and hotel) I don't know what they are using. Both Firefox and IE look bad (squished). There must be some code to insert for earlier versions. Any hints?

domedia
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
You would have to know what they are using at the hotel.

marcia
10-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Finally got an anwser, They say they are working on an IBM Think Center computer, using Windows XP and IE version 8. I suspect the problem has something to do with aspec ration, but don't know how to fix it. Thanks for your interest.

gentleone
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I have a Virtual Machine on my mac where I can test Windows browsers and I've checked your site in IE8 & Firefox Windows XP and it looks pretty much the same. No squished or whatsoever.

d a v e
10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
sounds more like the settings of the monitor/graphics card through windows control panel rather than the browser settings to me - so everything (probably) has the wrong aspect ratio ;)

gentleone
10-29-2011, 03:21 PM
sounds more like the settings of the monitor/graphics card through windows control panel rather than the browser settings to me - so everything (probably) has the wrong aspect ratio ;)
Yes, my guess as well. Probably some akward display setting they're not even aware of themselves. :)

marcia
10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm told that the graphics card is integrated with the Imac motherboard, and I can't get get a separate G.C. Sounds like something I can't control, n'est pas?

the owner of the pc in my place doesn't want to invest in a graphics card. Oh dear...

If there is something I can do I will do it (without buying a new computer)

domedia
10-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Why do you have to do anything?

You're not responsible for this in any way.