PDA

View Full Version : Hosting guidance?

Ponderbeard
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey there, forgive my noobiness people but i need some help. I have dreamweaver cs3 and have been trying to put together a website as I figure its a handy skill to learn nowadays. so after some trial and error i managed to get it together, looking good and uploaded to my remote server. Its connected to the domain name and all that fun stuff but when i type it into my browser, none of my links work. When im previewing everything works fine, but not on the actual website. I dont know if any of that made sense but i would really appreciate any help anyone could give me... thanks guys

edbr
10-24-2011, 02:39 AM
its sounds like a site set up problem give us a link or look at the code for your links, they may be pointing to files on your computer

Austintxous
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
You need this tutorial. It will lead you through building a website from the ground up. Just follow it and do exactly what he says and you'll feel like an expert in no time!http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_website_pt1.html

pwolfe
03-07-2012, 06:44 AM
I think that it is a great idea for some web hosting companies to offer 24 or even 48 hour support for their new subscribers so that they will be guided for the setup procedure that they are going to do.

It is something that is actually very important to make sure. I mean, there are new clients that are not familiar with it still so they have to be guided accordingly.