PDA

View Full Version : CSS Menu created, how do I...

toffeeguitar
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I'm teaching myself how to use dreamweaver via youtube video's and am stuck now...

I have created a horizontal CSS menu in a HTML doc which i have called 'menubar.html', I want to add this into a table on all of my other pages so tha they can all be linked, but ideally I want to keep the files separate and have the menu viewable in all pages but have it linked to the 'menubar.html' file.

Basically i'm worried that if i wanted to say add a 'contact us' link on the menu (there isnt one currently) i will have to make these code changes on every single page which is what will happen if i paste the current menu code into each individual page and save separately and then decide to add a 'contact us' link in a weeks time... (hopefully that makes sense?)

The only way i can see to make this work is to have frames, but from what i've read these will become obsolete in the future?

If there is a way to do this, please can you let me know in layman's terms?!

Many thanks,

Joe

edbr
10-22-2011, 02:36 AM
you should use includes to do this search the forum there is much written and ui think a tutorial in the section on this forum'

toffeeguitar
10-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Amazing! Thanks, will check them out!