PDA

View Full Version : Removing gridlines from last row in table

Octavius
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Been puzzling over this and eventually gave up on it.

The table is a list of items and the the last row has "Add to Cart" images. (This was the only way I could figure out how to center these images under the text)

Anyways, it would look nicer if the images did not appear to be in the table, so as to speak. ie not surrounded by "gridlines" (not sure what the technical term is for the lines that make up a table).

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Corrosive
10-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Yes, just zero the borders by adding a class to the last <tr> (table row). Of course now you are going to ask me how to do this in Design View. :)

Octavius
10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
...Of course now you are going to ask me how to do this in Design View. :)...

Ha! You made me laugh with that one!

Let me ponder it a while.

Cheers!

Corrosive
10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Ha! You made me laugh with that one!

I aim to please on a Friday ;)

Octavius
10-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow! Friday already?

Well, I messed about with CSS in Design mode, thought I had it but it didn't work. Messed about in the code, thought I had it but that didn't work either.

Then I had a brain wave - I deleted the last row, inserted a new table with just one row, inserted the jpg's and formatted the table with no borders. Worked out fine, so I'm pleased with myself.

Taking me hours to figure out all this stuff. I got up to page 121 in the "Lost Manual" book. It is alright as far as books go but it's so boring to read, isn't it?

I really should take a class but I'd rather be taken outside and shot.

Ha! Anyways, onward and upward!

Cheers!

Corrosive
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow! Friday already?

I know, flies by doesn't it?

I've not read 'the missing manual' so couldn't possibly comment. To be honest the whole coding aspect is a little dry but, when you get the knowledge to create a layout from scratch it does become strangely satisfying. And it is enough to make a living out of so can't complain.