PDA

View Full Version : Can't upload files in CS5.5 to host root directory

Westbrook5
10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I've posted at two other forums with no luck. I have also done a search with no solutions up to this point.
I'm very happy to find this site - it looks like a fun place where I can learn a lot!

In CS5.5 I can upload any file from host to server as long as the file is contained in a folder.
If the file is not in a folder (in root folder only) I get an error which I will post at the end of this thread.
My index page for example won't upload to server, but if I move the index page to a folder that I made on my comp and copied to the server it will then upload. From there I can take the index page out of the created folder on the server side and drop it in to the root directory.
So again, in CS5.5 any file will upload as long as it is in a folder and not just under the root directory alone.
By the way it wasn't always like this - this problem just happened one day on both my home and office computer. I changed nothing - it just started doing this on its own.

Here is where it gets wierd. I can open the same exact site in CS5.0 and I do not have this problem. CS5.0 works fine without any need for a work-around.
So the first thing I did was check, double check, and tripple check that my CS5.5 server settings matched the settings in CS5.0 since CS5.0 works - and they do match perfectly. ALL settings match in every single way - perfectly. So do the preferances in the edit menue.

How can it be that CS5.0 has no issues yet CS5.5 does with the same exact site & settings?
By the way I built the site in CS5.5

I am totaly stumped.

Error:
index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
index.html

Thank you for any help in advance.
Carl
westbrookadvertising.com

YuleBLucky
10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I had a similar permissions problem when loading a site using CS5.5 - I couldn't find anything wrong with the settings.

I solved it by exporting the site from my previous version of Dreamweaver and then deleting all the files my troublesome site in CS5.5 and then importing the 'old' site.

Magically no more permission errors.

Hope this works for you.

Westbrook5
10-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Hey thanks for your reply to my post.
I may just give that a try.

I'm kinda being anal about all this cause CS5.0 works just fine... I just feel like I shelled out the bucks for 5.5 so I want it to work right.

I'm resigning my self to feeling lucky that this is a small problem to have in life, and I'm just not ganna worry about the small stuff.

If I find a solution I will post it here just in case others may be helped...

Cheers and thanks again.