PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Free Hosting Site

dbepp
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Can anyone recommend a free hosting site for someone who owns a domain name and has low traffic?

DWcourse
10-13-2011, 05:39 AM
No, I can't recommend any free hosting sites.

blake
10-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Before you go with a free hosting company you might want to start here.
http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/

As cheap as paid hosting is now you would be a lot better off than with a free hosting company.

The hosting company KCVH has small hosting packages for about $20.00 for life with their usual support and cpanel.

We have several small business clients on this package and have had no problems with them on a shared hosting plan.

http://www.kvcwebsitehosting.com/free-hosting.html

Good Luck

dbepp
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info blake! I have some clients that don't have a lot of traffic or storage requirements.. I thought it may be a good option for them.

Mai
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Before you go with a free hosting company you might want to start here.
http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/

As cheap as paid hosting is now you would be a lot better off than with a free hosting company.

The hosting company KCVH has small hosting packages for about $20.00 for life with their usual support and cpanel.

We have several small business clients on this package and have had no problems with them on a shared hosting plan.

http://www.kvcwebsitehosting.com/free-hosting.html

Good Luck
It is very good deal for the hosting. How long have you been using the services from this company? I am looking for a hosting and I don't know how to choose a good one...if they are reliable.

I have another question...getting a package ( hosting and with free domain name ) from one supplier, or getting a domain name from one supplier and hosting from another supplier, is better.

Thanks for the link.

domedia
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I my advice is to stay far away from free, or one time fee hosting companies.

This is a crucial function of the web site (to be hosted), so I would go with one of the companies that you pay every month, and that has been around for some time.

A one time fee? I wonder what that has in common with a Punzi scheme..

edbr
10-18-2011, 02:25 AM
This is a crucial function of the web site (to be hosted), so I would go with one of the companies that you pay every month, and that has been around for some time.

Im surprised by that . Is that view shared by many? i always pay per year as it is such a (relatively) small amount

domedia
10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry, I meant to emphasize a subscription system where you pay yearly/monthly/x :) I pay yearly as well.

edbr
10-19-2011, 01:15 AM
right i was surprised, i sell hosting (in theory) but only offer yearly payment

blake
10-20-2011, 04:06 AM
I can remember back when hosting was so expensive I had to pay by the month.

edbr
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
right and i used to worry that some clown would send me files at the weekend so big it would use up my mail quota

johnMoss
10-21-2011, 05:03 AM
I can remember back when hosting was so expensive I had to pay by the month.

And it's still here... Like E-Fax, Network Solutions has developed this awesome strategy of pricing themselves out of the market. I've migrated every client I have over to Go Daddy...

gentleone
10-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I've migrated every client I have over to Go Daddy...
Go Daddy... is that not from that guy that's shooting elephants for fun?

dbepp
10-21-2011, 12:21 PM
A one time fee? I wonder what that has in common with a Ponzi scheme..
haha, good point

johnMoss
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Go Daddy... is that not from that guy that's shooting elephants for fun?

Hmm... a moral quandry indeed... Hopefully Danica has given him new toys to play with...

domedia
10-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Pfft... Europeans and their morals ;-)

blake
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM
And it's still here... Like E-Fax, Network Solutions has developed this awesome strategy of pricing themselves out of the market. I've migrated every client I have over to Go Daddy...

Ah! Godaddy...we flushed them down the toilet several years ago for lack of intelligent support, slow servers, loads of downtime. sending canned responses to support tickets, junk for their admin panel....and the list goes on.
And, when most of our clients that had GD accounts saw the elephant video it was bye bye GD and hello another registrar.

NetSol...we have corporate accounts and some small business accounts with them. Loads of space and bandwidth for $6.95 a month. We have very seldom ever seen any downtime with them. Their support has always given us excellent phone support when we need them which has not been often.

But, everyone has their own opinion about hosting companies. Some have serious issues with one and another one may be in love with the same company. I could write a nightmare book about hosting companies as many people could do.

Personally I like the smaller hosting companies. The ones we use have much faster servers, faster and more intelligent support than the larger companies we have to deal with.

Cheers! have a great weekend guys!

blake
10-22-2011, 04:23 PM
The KVCH one time fee...excellent company, own their own datacenter, get's great reviews from PC Magazine, fast servers, some of the fastest support and most knowledgeable support we use, loaded cpanel.

We have a lot of mom and pop stores on their "one time fee" hosting plan for several years and have had no problems. They have 1000's of customers on it.

We have a lot of clients on their C hosting plan and have never had any problems with it.

Read their reviews before you judge them:
http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/KVCHostingcom.html

dbepp
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Ah! Godaddy...we flushed them down the toilet several years ago for lack of intelligent support, slow servers, loads of downtime. sending canned responses to support tickets, junk for their admin panel....and the list goes on.

Why do I feel like you're trying to sell me here??? haha.. Every time I've called GoDaddy on an issue they not only picked up the phone but solved my issue within a few minutes

DWcourse
10-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Blake is trying to sell you but my experience with GoDaddy is similar to what he outlines. I never recommend them for hosting anymore.

dbepp
10-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I never recommend them for hosting anymore.
Definitely noted

blake
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I would like to apologize if anyone thinks I'm trying to sell you anything, this is definitely not the case.
As I stated in an earlier post some people love a host and some people hate the same host and I have given you some of the problems we were having with GD. I've noticed on other forums many more people are having the same issues with GD.

The only reason I took up for KVCH and their free for life hosting is because someone made the comment about a ponzi scheme and that is definitely not happening there either. KVCH is just one of the hosting companies we use for our clients and that usually depends on what type hosting the client needs as to where we place them.
We have clients that need specialize hosting with Quickbooks and Peachtree Accounting hosting and not every hosting company can handle their need for hosting so we use a host that can and does specialize for that purpose.

dbepp if you're having success with GD and like them then I am proud for you and anyone else that uses them and I hope you continue to be satisfied with their hosting services.

My comments about GD were just that and nothing more.

dbepp
10-24-2011, 07:22 PM
No apology need! That's one thing I love about this forum... everyone has ideas and opinions.. and in the middle are a few jokes! And I'll definitely check out KVCH and any other hosting company to ensure I am getting what I need at the price needed.. Seriously.. thanks for the info. I was just joking around before.

edbr
10-25-2011, 02:03 AM
@blake speaking for my self i didnt think it was a covert promotion (so to speak) as Moderators we do have to watch for this, but as i said speaking for myself it was as you explained, a genuine opinion from you

cocoonfx
10-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Ones to aviod:

streamline
godaddy
1&1
serverage
Sitepoint
Fasthosts

blake
10-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Ones to aviod:

streamline
godaddy
1&1
serverage
Sitepoint
Fasthosts

Amen and no comment.

blake
10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
@blake speaking for my self i didnt think it was a covert promotion (so to speak) as Moderators we do have to watch for this, but as i said speaking for myself it was as you explained, a genuine opinion from you

I understand and that's a good thing in my opinion.
If I recommend a host or any other service it's because we've had or having excellent service from that company.

We're not affiliates with any hosting company or any other company. Web design is not our main business, it's just something we do and have been doing since the 90's. We don't even have a web site promoting our web design services, we have test sites only.

You guys have a great day today, I've got to get in a load of firewood today.

Parker533
09-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Can anyone recommend a free hosting site for someone who owns a domain name and has low traffic?
You'll get many free hosting sites on google search like domainki.com , wix.com , webstarts.com etc. They are free website builders with free hosting. But I don't know if you own a domain name, you'll be able to get free hosting with them or not. Sorry If I'm wrong with this post.

Honestly I'm a new internet marketer. One of my friends suggests me to use domainki.com . I built a few websites on them and they look ok for now. It is a free bulk site builder with free hosting. Thanks.