PDA

View Full Version : Free video players without the name overlayed?

sebaz
10-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm using flowplayer for my website but it stutters pretty bad. The player that comes with Dreamweaver doesn't stutter so much, but it's very simple and I don't like it. Then there's JWPlayer, but apparently it needs a commercial license in my case because I'm a videographer, however the $89 is a little too steep for me right now.

So I was wondering if there are other players that don't require a commercial license but also that do not overlay the name, such as flv player?

WotNow
10-19-2011, 10:37 PM
I googled free video players and there are tons of options, have you looked through them?

sebaz
10-20-2011, 03:32 AM
I googled free video players and there are tons of options, have you looked through them?

If you google free video players you will get any software that is a video player, including the ones people can install in their computer, such as VLC. I'm looking for streaming video players that you put as part of your website, and one that works.

Still, I realized doing several tests that in part it's Firefox fault. Videos that play really nice in IE9 and Chrome play awful in Firefox.