PDA

View Full Version : Requiring a password to access a specific page

sebaz
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Hello, I know very basic stuff about web design, I did my website mostly in Photoshop, exported it using slices to a table and then loaded it in Dreamweaver CS5 to touch it up and set up the few things I couldn't with Photoshop. Now I would like to know how can I set a password to access a specific page. It has to be very simple, for example I have a customer named Roger that I want to show some videos to, but I don't want everybody to see it, so I want to be able to give Roger a URL like www.mywebsite.com/roger and when he clicks on that link or types it, he is prompted with a password, or login and password, and the page only loads if he types the right credentials.

Is that too difficult to do? Keep in mind, I barely know anything about web design, and nothing about web programming.

Thanks

edbr
10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
a simple member section which is what you describe can be doen with the dreamweaver wizard. if you use php pages then you can set up a databse an level control , it will require a bit of modifying however i think.

you could also go through the turorials here on the forum if you want to learn more.

sebaz
10-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your reply. I went to the tutorials section here but I can't find anything on that. What wizard are you referring to? I went through all the Dreamweaver menus and I can't find it.

edbr
10-11-2011, 03:27 AM
tutorial http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-login-script.php if you have no php knowledge you may need to work through all the tuts.

database+ server behaviours authorisation, you need to set up a database a connection and record sets how ever it gets tricky if you want to get fancy with it.
there are many membership log in scripts around many free but you will need at least a basic knowledge try also hotscripts for example