PDA

View Full Version : Problem with tables - can't insert one

Dr_Atomic
10-02-2011, 03:11 AM
I have Dreamweaver MX and I've always liked it. However, just recently I'm not able to insert a table. I can either go to Insert>Table, or click on the Table icon on the bar above, but nothing happens with either. I'm afraid I don't really now HTML well enough to manipulate it, but I did try and copy the beginning end ending table tags in the Code View on the same view, but nothing happens with that, either. The only way I can add a table is to copy and paste an entire existing table, then modify it depending on my current needs. I'm also in Standard mode, not Layout mode.

I'm mystified. I never had a problem inserting tables before.

Can anyone help?

WotNow
10-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I haven't used MX 2004 but maybe the problem is a bug and you can go here www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html)

DWcourse
10-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Don't know what might have changed. Did you update your system? In any case, I'm afraid you're going to have trouble finding support for a seven-year-old program (or for that matter designing layouts with tables).