PDA

View Full Version : Theme Designer

djt
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
I have recently come across wordpress and would like to use it for my new website.

As the website will be updated regularly, I see WP as an ideal solution.

The only problem I have is making it look the way I want it to. I have no knowledge of WP or code for that matter.

If there is anybody here who would be able to create a theme for me and build the pages so I am able to add and remove content, please get in touch with your rates - dan@tufftraining.co.uk

I have uploaded my home page template so you can see what I need creating in WP: www.tufftraining.co.uk

The rest of the pages are to resemble the style of this site which was created in WP: www.muscle-munch.com

Corrosive
10-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Use Modx instead. It is a lot more flexible for your own design. Wordpress template hacking is a nasty and thankless task :)

Moved to 'jobs' section

gentleone
10-03-2011, 10:51 AM
As the website will be updated regularly, I see WP as an ideal solution.
The ideal solution is a CMS in general. Which one it's going to be really depends on the requirements and obviousely other fators. If it's only updating text and images, then a simple CMS like Unify for instance would be enough. Easy to install and can work for pretty much any website. Only thing you have to do is adding a class to the elements which have to be updated.

http://unify.unitinteractive.com/

Corrosive
10-03-2011, 11:02 AM
The ideal solution is a CMS in general. Which one it's going to be really depends on the requirements and obviousely other fators. If it's only updating text and images, then a simple CMS like Unify for instance would be enough. Easy to install and can work for pretty much any website. Only thing you have to do is adding a class to the elements which have to be updated.

http://unify.unitinteractive.com/

Wise words mate :)

domedia
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi guys, remember this is an announcement only part of the forum. No one else but you can reply top it.

Corrosive
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi guys, remember this is an announcement only part of the forum. No one else but you can reply top it.

Ooops, sorry Dom!

gentleone
10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
me too... sorry, Dom... didn't think about that.