PDA

View Full Version : How to transform our web site to online store?

gore.m
09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Hello,

We would like to transform our web presentation to online store (c. one half of every page).

It should be simple web shop (flowers) but with multiple delivery options (I mean time of delivery and delivery related pricing) etc.

Because we dont have money in pocket, we have almost half of year time to buid it up, and we have good experience with Dreamweaver, we would like to try it by ourself.

We have coule of questions to start:

1| Is it good idea to buid up online store with open source platforms? What are worst limitations?
2| What way we should chose? Dreamveaver with PrestaShop, VirtueMart or WordPress with plugins ?
3| Will we lose our built-up SEO power?
4| If Prestashop or VirtueMart or other which one would you chose (related to our requests)?
5| Where we should start to learn necessary things? (Is there any video tutorials etc.)

Thanks you very much

Corrosive
09-29-2011, 06:20 AM
1| Is it good idea to buid up online store with open source platforms? What are worst limitations?

Support is down to the kindness of strangers and Open Source means readily available code for hackers to exploit. Please note I am not saying your store will be hacked but you asked for the worst!

2| What way we should chose? Dreamveaver with PrestaShop, VirtueMart or WordPress with plugins ?

Personally I'd use Prestashop.

3| Will we lose our built-up SEO power?

You shouldn't do if you manage it correctly. Use redirects where needed and perhaps retain your current site and use Prestashop as an 'add on'.

4| If Prestashop or VirtueMart or other which one would you chose (related to our requests)?

Prestashop

5| Where we should start to learn necessary things? (Is there any video tutorials etc.)

www.google.com ;)

gore.m
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
OK, thanks you very much, Im gooing to use google again :-)