PDA

View Full Version : Still Spam after ReCaptcha box.

Mr Robville
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Hello, not sure if this is the right section but here's my problem:

i have added a contact form to my website (www.mrrobville.com)
and to prevent spamming i added a captcha box using several tutorials (the information Recaptcha gives means latin to me)

but now i have received an email which goes like this:

Comment:
We are Internet Marketing experts who can help you answer these questions, drive mass traffic to your site, and dramatically increase sales.

answer to the Captcha Box: "(II) tingga"

now my senses instantly told me this was spam so i searched on google for
"We are Internet Marketing experts who can help you answer these questions, drive mass traffic to your site, and dramatically increase sales.
"

and ALL webpages i found are contact forms on websites..

how is it possible that this is still happening? i thought ReCaptcha would block almost all spam, it looks like spam like this is still proceeding through the captcha procces.
and only a fool would do so much effort by spamming thousands of websites by hand.

is anyone fammiliar with this?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

edbr
09-21-2011, 01:01 AM
if major corporations can be hacked , then its not surprising that someone has created a bot that by passes captcha. i have sites that are bypassed also (not with recapture ) if this is a lone spam its doing a good job for the most part

Corrosive
09-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Or it could actually be a person doing it. Not necessarily a bot.

domedia
09-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Good spammers will always find some way around.

Ian
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM
You could try adding a question and answer box instead, where they need to identify an image or work out a question. That should stop all but manual spammers :).

Mr Robville
09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
ok thanks for the info all!