PDA

View Full Version : Swf website functions stopped working

Golden Child
09-11-2011, 04:44 AM
Hello,

I added a background to the index page on my portfolio website using basic html. The background works perfectly with the swf functions on my site locally on dreamweaver on my computer. However, once I launch my site live to the web, the swf functions stop working. What can be the problem here? The swf files are routed exactly the same on the contact page and the swf continues to function on the contact page, yet the swf files just stop working on the index page when launched to the web with the background. You can see the problem here at:

www.designosauronline.com

johnMoss
09-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I wasn't able to test this, but just a thought;
Remove the background declaration from the head.
Declare a body CSS class & then add the background to the css.

<Body class="dino1"

.dino1{
background: url (
../../../Big Designosaur Images/Big Index/indexback.gif)
}

Golden Child
09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Okay John. I did that. The CSS function is definitely working correctly because the background is showing up. However, the swf functions still aren't showing up. What could the problem? :confused:

johnMoss
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Well I still see the declarations are in the head, but lets look at one other thing. Are you sure your paths are an exact match from local to host? I mean you've looked at your file structure locally and compared it precisely to your host file structure? Absolutely positively certain you're not one-off somewhere?

Golden Child
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Well I still see the declarations are in the head, but lets look at one other thing. Are you sure your paths are an exact match from local to host? I mean you've looked at your file structure locally and compared it precisely to your host file structure? Absolutely positively certain you're not one-off somewhere?

I don't think so. I just double-checked. Click on the "Contact" button on the index page and look at the contact page which still has the swf function working without the background. The swf file in the contact page is rooted in the same folder on the server as the swf files on the index page titled "Designosaur Flash Docs".

johnMoss
09-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Is this your problem? here is your contact page script call:
<script src="../../../Big Designosaur Images/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

This is your index page:
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Same file, wrong path, or are they different files?

Golden Child
09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Is this your problem? here is your contact page script call:
<script src="../../../Big Designosaur Images/Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

This is your index page:
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Same file, wrong path, or are they different files?

Thanks! That was exactly the problem. The page is working fine now! :grin:

johnMoss
09-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Cool beans... G' luck with it :)