PDA

View Full Version : Import image file locally

stevenhanton
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Issue
I would like the ability to a run a web page through a browser (locally). The web page would only consist of a 'letter' sized image. Then I would like to be able to import an image to a specific region on that page.

Real world description
We have a certificate that we go out on cd-rom discs to organisations and we want them to be able to add their logo before printing them. Without the need for image editing software or the internet.

Is there any way that this is possible?

Thanks for your help and time.

Steve Hanton

edbr
09-08-2011, 12:49 AM
from where would they upload? if you set up a server locally then it could be done using php

DWcourse
09-08-2011, 05:18 AM
I don't see it happening with just an html page.

stevenhanton
09-08-2011, 10:47 AM
The files would be local.

I think you're right about it not being possible with html, but the functionality has to work on any old computer that uses the CD-rom we send out.

Is there any way that anyone can think of to do this. Basically import an image file from the local computer?

Thanks again,

Steve

gentleone
09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
In order to display something in a browser the output needs to be HTML. Of course there are several ways to do the processing (PHP, XML, JavaScript, etc.), but in the end it has to be convered to HTML.

The way you describe it sounds simple, but there has to be some kind of programming involved. If you want to keep it local then there should be at least an intranet developed.

Ricky55
09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
You could do this in Flash and create an AIR app.

I think that would work.

But your clients would need to download a copy of Adobe Air.

Probably overkill though.