PDA

View Full Version : User form creation / database help!

designer_282
09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
So I just recently put up a website and I want a form so users can tell me what should be on the site.

I created the form in dreamweaver, set up a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin with the following sql code:

CREATE TABLE `user_info` (
`name` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL ,
`user text` VARCHAR( 500 ) NOT NULL
);

In dreamweaver, I go and connect the submit button to my database, type in all my info (username, password, etc..) and it comes up "An unidentified error has occurred."

My webhost does support php. Something I noticed when I went to save it is that it saved it as a php file.

How can i get this error to go away?

And if its not too much to ask, how can I set up my form so that when a person clicks submit it will send it to my email?

edbr
09-05-2011, 01:11 AM
if you are trying to connect to you web database via dreamweaver it is probably a question of permission many hosters block remote mysql connections for security reasons although there maybe an option (in cpanel) to allow via a specific IP address.
re mail check the tutoril section where there is a script and explanation of how to implement it

designer_282
09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
if you are trying to connect to you web database via dreamweaver it is probably a question of permission many hosters block remote mysql connections for security reasons although there maybe an option (in cpanel) to allow via a specific IP address.
re mail check the tutoril section where there is a script and explanation of how to implement it

Thank you! I asked my webhost if they allowed it and they said no. So I asked how I was supposed to connect my website to my database. They said I have to import the database content via phpMyAdmin.

I don't know the languages SQL or PHP, so now I'm wondering how can I get my form to work when users type in info?

By the way, if it helps any, my website is xlemon.tk ...I'd ideally like for the information to be sent to my email when users click submit, instead of some complicated database. ; )

Again, thank you! I really appreciate you help!

edbr
09-06-2011, 01:24 AM
By the way, if it helps any, my website is xlemon.tk ...I'd ideally like for the information to be sent to my email when users click submit, instead of some complicated database. ; )

much easier , take a look at the tutorials and there is an example and php mail sending form