PDA

View Full Version : Templates, editable attributes, swapping images and behaviors

JALDesign
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
The client likes having a nav bar that uses images. The site is growing so I want to create a template for the site that will make future expansion more cost effective for the client. The problem, I can't figure out how to get the editable attributes for the nav images to allow me to do what I need to do with the images.
e.g.
1. They change on roll-over.
2. They are links.
3. The current page image is static and page specific.
4. The home page is different and has all images in full colour.

Can you do a multitude of editable attributes on an image and can it be different for each page? Alternatively, is there a way to do it with CSS?

I've already sold him on the idea so would like to be able to do it as he believes it will save him money in the long run.

Any ideas?

BizzyWizz
08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
I think it's INSERT > TEMPLATE OPTIONS > EDITABLE OPTIONAL REGIONS.

I just watched something on this on the Lynda.com video in the Dreamweaver Essential Training for CS5.5. There's a section in the video on making a template with optional regions and he was showing a page that had menu links that would only be used on a few pages and not all. He made those into the "editable optional regions".

If you're not familiar with Lynda.com, check it out. It's a subscription service that's very reasonable (about $25 a month) -- no required term subscription. The site is laid out very user-friendly. But, to find what you're looking for, the search won't necessarily jump to the topic within a video. So that's why I said it was about halfway down in that particular video.

Someone knowledgeable will probably quickly answer your question, but I saw there hadn't been any reply yet and I now how frustrating it is to not be able to find answers. Hope this helps at least a little. Have a great day.:lol: