PDA

View Full Version : SPRY POP-UP WINDOW (Source of one)

BizzyWizz
08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
This is just for info. I searched for an alternative to DW CS5.5's behavior to add a "pop-up browser". I didn't really like the look of that option. Found a source on Adobe's extension exchange. It's made by Linecraft.com and they sell it for $25. I bought it and had a few issues understanding how it worked, but sent an e-mail to their 'contact' and the response and help is amazing. I have it working and it's a really attractive pop-up -- actually, you have options for several different looks. So if anyone out there is in need of an attractive Pop-Up window for their site, check this one out. You can go to Adobe Extension Exchange and find it or go directly to Linecraft.com. I have no affiliation with this company, but just thought I'd share to save others some time in their website design/development tasks.

Corrosive
08-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for sharing. There are always folks looking for good extensions so that's useful to know :)

edbr
08-27-2011, 03:10 AM
heres the same in a tutorial with many options

http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript-open-popup-window.html

edbr
08-27-2011, 03:18 AM
heres a script (for the head section ) and link for the <body> just edit page name and it will pop up a centered window
<script>
function PopupCenter(pageURL, title,w,h) {
var left = (screen.width/2)-(w/2);
var top = (screen.height/2)-(h/2);
var targetWin = window.open (pageURL, title, 'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, copyhistory=no, width='+w+', height='+h+', top='+top+', left='+left);
}
</script>

edit 400,400 for page size

<body><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="PopupCenter('test.html', 'myPop1',400,400);">CLICK TO OPEN POPUP</a>