PDA

View Full Version : Nav Buttons Invisible in DESIGN View

BizzyWizz
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Attached are two 'captures'. One of the Nav Buttons in DESIGN view and one of the same NAV Buttons in LIVE view. For some reason, the Navigation Buttons do not show up in Design View. But, in LIVE view they show up fine and they also work. They're also show up and work when previewed in numerous browsers.

I probably have "something" turned on or turned off. If anyone can help me resolve this, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Ricky55
08-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Design view isn't really designed to give you a true picture of how your website will view in a web browser its just a guide to help you whilst working in the program.

The best way to test any webpage is in a web browser, if the page in question views correctly in all the browsers then I wouldn't worry too much about design view.

I have pages that validate and are constructed perfectly and look totally broken in design view.

Work in code view and have your web browser of choice open in the background and just hit refresh after a saved change.

BizzyWizz
08-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I found the source of my problem. It was in VIEW > Style Rendering > Show:linkStyles.

I needed to have the Show:linkStyles checked instead of the focus. Now it displays perfectly in both Design View and Live View. It had always worked in the Adobe BrowserLab where I constantly test my pages in numerous browsers.