PDA

View Full Version : "Widget no longer exists" question or form problem

triffen
08-23-2011, 01:50 AM
I am working on a web page that someone else created, and have received a message telling me that Widget var sprytextfield17 = new does not exist.

Not only do I not have any idea what this means, I have no idea how to fix it. The page I am working on is http://mobilevoiceconference.com/propose.html.

From what I can tell, the page has an iframe which loads a different page (propose_talk.htm). However, the problem I am trying to fix is that when you try to submit, the page it is supposed to find is not found (404 error).

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

edbr
08-23-2011, 03:09 AM
the iframe is a form from a site that is using spry validation so if they have a problem so do you but if its not your site you cant fix it. if you work with them contact them and ask them to check i guess

triffen
08-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the quick turn-around edbr. Unfortunately, the person who created this is out of the country, the reason I am looking at the problem.

I can tell you the iframe page is located at the same site as the main page. All that is supposed to happen is the information put in is supposed to be emailed to a person and the iframe will change to a thank you page.

The HTML looks like this:

<td>
<label for="submit"></label>
<input type=hidden name="redirect" value="http://www.voicesearchconference.com/form_processing2.htm" />
<input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit" />
All talk submissions must be received before December 15, 2011.</td>

I am suspicious of the submit button for some reason.

edbr
08-23-2011, 04:32 AM
ok i dont understand why use an iframe then its not good practice to me.

submit is ok but the redirect is odd, the form action should dictate where it goes. http://www.mobilevoiceconference.com/vsconference/cgi-bin/FormMail3.pl

go to the from and send from there direct from what i see spry is trying to validate text box that isntn the form

edbr
08-23-2011, 04:35 AM
here is the validation . check against form names delete if not there

var sprytextfield1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield1", "email", {validateOn:["change"]});
var sprytextfield3 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield3");
var sprytextfield4 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("TestFeild", "none");
var sprytextfield5 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield5");
var sprytextarea3 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextarea("sprytextarea3", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextarea4 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextarea("sprytextarea4", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield6 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield6", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield7 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield7", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield8 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield8", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield9 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield9", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield10 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield10", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield11 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield11");
var sprytextfield12 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield12", "none", {isRequired:false});
var sprytextfield13 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield13");
var sprytextfield14 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield14");
var sprytextfield15 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield15");
var sprytextfield16 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield16");
var sprytextfield17 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield17");
var sprytextfield4 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield4");