PDA

View Full Version : Three newbish Dreamweaver questions re: browsers and syntax

MrSnrub
08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
1. If I'm in Split view is there a way to automatically refresh the "design" pane after I Save my code? As it is now I have to click the Save icon AND click the Refresh icon to see the changes. The refreshing should be instantaneous, shouldn't it?

2. When I preview a document (F12), the default browser I have right now is I.E.9. Is there a way to make the browser window appear maximized? I have to click on the "Maximize" icon every single time I hit F12 and it's a nuisance.

3. Is there a way to enable DOCTYPE-specific syntax errors as I type? For example, if my document is XHTML 1.0 Strict, then I'n not allowed to have the <br> tag; it needs to have the forward-slash. Well. as soon as I type the <br> I want an error to pop up, because it's obviously incorrect. Can this be done?

designer_282
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
1. Yes in dreamweaver cs5 (im assuming thats the version you are using) there is a refresh icon above the design panel in the split view. You can hit that or press F5.
2.I don't think this has to do with dreamweaver, but your actual computer settings.
3. Umm usually if you're in live code mode then an error will appear as you type code.