PDA

View Full Version : Accordian Menu

Manita
08-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi There. I am on only my second ever website! I am toying for the first time with a spry accordion navigation bar. I want to be able to click the menu and for the accordion text to appear but also for the main page to change. I keep trying to add a link but it only seems to want to work if I add the link to the content text in the accordion menu and not the actual heading itself!! Help! Am I missing something REALLY silly? :lol:

DWcourse
08-17-2011, 01:01 AM
You're trying to do something the Spry Accordion wasn't meant to do. The page is intercepting your mouse click and running the javascript for the accordion so your link doesn't work.

dbepp
08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I want to be able to click the menu and for the accordion text to appear but also for the main page to change.

I would try to create a copy of your HTML page and save it as a different page name.. then delete whatever content you want changed and add your desired text, border, etc... This wouldn't include SPRY.. (which I am growing to hate more and more), but would give the appearance of "nothing changing on the page except what you want".. not sure how else you'd accomplish this.

Manita
08-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks. I ended up adding a new Spry Menu underneath and merging the two visually to get the result that I wanted. It works great. The only problem I have now is the Spry Accordion menu seems to have a glitch on the page where I have inserted a photo gallery. It seems to have removed all of the spaces in the text in the menu? It hasn't done it on any other pages and works from a template, so why it appears like this I cannot work out!! Any advice would be great... I am learning as I go!

dbepp
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks. I ended up adding a new Spry Menu underneath and merging the two visually to get the result that I wanted. It works great. The only problem I have now is the Spry Accordion menu seems to have a glitch on the page where I have inserted a photo gallery. It seems to have removed all of the spaces in the text in the menu? It hasn't done it on any other pages and works from a template, so why it appears like this I cannot work out!! Any advice would be great... I am learning as I go!

You and me both with the learning part.. but can you add a link and the spry css?