PDA

View Full Version : Keyword anchors to the same page

Corrosive
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi all

Bit of advice needed. I have been going through competitor websites and have seen keyword back links done like this;

<a href="#">Keyword Text Here</a>

I know that # is a null link that directs back to the same page (although it puts a # at the end of the URL) and the competitor has used target="_blank" to open the page in a new tab.

Questions are; why?, is it worth doing? and does Google not see that as a bit 'spammy' or as duplicate content when the new page (with #) opens?

They are doing extremely well on Google mind you.

Cheers as ever for any advice.

domedia
08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I have no idea why they would do that.

If this are links the visitors are using, then it has to be kind of aggravating, right?

Corrosive
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
If this are links the visitors are using, then it has to be kind of aggravating, right?

Yes, I entirely agree and, surfing their site I suddenly realised I had four windows open but... They are smashing everyone else out of sight in the local area for some great search terms.

domedia
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Just two thoughts,
Could it be that their good rankings are because of some off site SEO? If you think about PageRank, then off site SEO (sem?) becomes more important than on site SEO.
If the user experience is bad enough, it really doesn't help that much if you're #1 for a search term.

Can you send me the search term in pm or message in twitter?

Corrosive
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Certainly have considered (and accepted) that their SEM stuff is bound to be very good and have done some competitor analysis. Will PM you now.

edbr
08-19-2011, 03:37 AM
just read this, odd stuff, can you send me the details also

WotNow
08-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Is there an update that can be shared on this?

edbr
08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
not from me it. i cant see the advantage over the disadvantage to visitors. cant see it is a problem as far as google and duplicate content as it is the same page. difference between white hat and black hat is sometimes only time so interesting if it does give a boost

WotNow
08-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Thank you once again for your time.

mattmactavish
04-21-2012, 06:02 PM
not from me it. i cant see the advantage over the disadvantage to visitors. cant see it is a problem as far as google and duplicate content as it is the same page. difference between white hat and black hat is sometimes only time so interesting if it does give a boost

Yes I agree with you that the only difference in Black Hat and White Hat is Time. Investment here is Time But Black hat actually do not hurt the SEO Link Profile except some other cases.

petersmith5544
08-03-2013, 01:55 PM
keyword tag is most useful for marketing level. keyword anchor has usually provide marketing strategies.

edbr
08-04-2013, 01:45 AM
keyword tag is most useful for marketing level. keyword anchor has usually provide marketing strategies.

I heleive this is a spam bot if i do not get a reasoned human response i will zap you and delete all posts

domedia
08-06-2013, 03:44 AM
keyword tag is most useful for marketing level.
There is no Keyword tag.
keyword anchor has usually provide marketing strategies.Anchor text is important, yes.

edbr
08-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Every Black hat technique will affect the SEO, those technique which technique may be gray hat technique.

duh. is that supposed to be sage advice or a quote from r2d2?

edbr
08-15-2013, 01:34 AM
right while pink hat techniques entitle you to a discount for any west end musicals and orange hat will possibly get you a free pancake on the dutch kings birthday. See we can all post rubbish

krzy
10-25-2013, 06:08 AM
such a technique can actually waste your time and work because of search engine algorithm changes - don't try to repeat similar things