PDA

View Full Version : What did I do to make an error? How do I fix?

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Here's the link to the page, at first the pics weren't showing up. Now, the pics are showing up but the alignment is wrong and the colors are missing behind the top navigation. It looks fine though in dreamweaver. How do I fix?

Here's the link http://stewartenterprisesinc.com/stewart-enterprises-roofing.html

gentleone
08-13-2011, 05:29 PM
check the link to your stylesheet. you forgot to upload it or it's in another directory.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../Downloads/StewartEnterprises 2/custom.css" />

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Hmmmmm, I edited the link like this

href="StewartEnterprises 2/custom.css"

and saved it, then went into godaddy and replacedthe old css file with the new and it still isn't working, can I send you the css file and you can edit it for me and then let me know what I did wrong for future reference? Thanks

domedia
08-13-2011, 07:28 PM
There is nothing wrong inside you CSS file.

On your web site, you are linking to a file that does not exist:
http://stewartenterprisesinc.com/Downloads/StewartEnterprises%202/custom.css Fix the link to wherever you have the stylesheet.

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 07:35 PM
but the file is uploaded on the ftp client on godaddy. So, the custom.css file is there. As far as a directory named downloads, I don't see that folder on the ftp client. It's like, it would work if i put the file into the downloads folder but there is no downloads folder.

domedia
08-13-2011, 08:33 PM
but the file is uploaded on the ftp client on godaddy.
The make sure the link is going to that file. The link path you have now is (obviously) wrong.

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 09:59 PM
I edited the link in the css on dreamweaver and hit save, but when it gets viewd on a browser, it's like it wasn;t saved.

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I fixed it, check the page source now. It still doesn't show all objects now. The alignment is right but the estimate table background is missing and the colors behind the top navigation are missing.

Schmitty83
08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Nevermind, it works :) Thankd bud