PDA

View Full Version : CSS layout design HOW???

BluiSh
08-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello!

Im using dreamweaver cs 5 for windows and I already design my home and main layout for my web site, but the problem is that I have a lot of problem in adjusting and positioning the div tags in the way I need them, I dont really know how the functions of float and clear works...

I have read some information, tutorials and books about this issue but I still have problems, could anybody help me with sopme additional info or advice or resource, It would be really appreciated, I need to pull off this project and Im kind of stuck.

I already try to use the templates that dreamweaver has but none of them works for me.

Thanks
BluiSh

Corrosive
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
You need to read up on page flow and the CSS box model. It's about how divs react to each other to create a stable layout. Keep learning :)

domedia
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I have read some information, tutorials and books about this issue but I still have problems Hi Bluish, just to get a feel where you're at, which books did you get through?

BluiSh
08-14-2011, 06:11 PM
The book that I had is: OReilly.Dreamweaver.CS5.The.Missing.Manual

Thanks

starguy
08-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Flexi CSS Layouts is a Dreamweaver add-on that has a 10 day trial. It looks promising and maybe just using the trial you can see how the layout you are trying to get will work. Just a thought.