PDA

View Full Version : Spry Menu Bar goes to the left of the screen

Peggy1234
08-09-2011, 05:03 AM
I've done a horizontal Spry Menu Bar and drop down menu on one of the menu buttons. When I roll over this, the entire Menu Bar drops down to the left hand side of the screen in a vertical format - would anyone know why?
I'm a complete newby to this, so small words is appreciated LOL

DWcourse
08-09-2011, 05:20 AM
It's probably because you changed one of the CSS position properties but you really need to post a link to your page in order for us to give you a good answer.

Peggy1234
08-09-2011, 05:30 AM
I haven't uploaded the site as yet, how would I upload just a test website without affecting the current website? (as I said total newbie haha)
Anyways back to the CSS position properties, would you know where / which one I should look into?
Would it be under the "Box" and Float or anything?

DWcourse
08-09-2011, 05:39 AM
You should really have a site or a subdomain where you can test things. My best guess is that you should see if you've changed this rule:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul.MenuBarSubmenuVisible
{
left: auto;
}

if so change it back. And read the 10 commandments here: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/ten-commandments-spry-menubars.php (especially IV)

Peggy1234
08-09-2011, 06:54 AM
How would I obtain a subdomain?
hmmm, I think I've just broken all the rules of the 10 commandments, nothing is looking like it should. Is there any way to go back to the default setting or start again?
When I open a new file, its carrying over the same Spry attributes :0(

dbepp
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
How would I obtain a subdomain?
hmmm, I think I've just broken all the rules of the 10 commandments, nothing is looking like it should. Is there any way to go back to the default setting or start again?
When I open a new file, its carrying over the same Spry attributes :0(

You'd have to buy a subdomain.. however.. you could simple upload any pages to your server with an extension that isn't linked to any other page.. such as www.yourdomain.com/test.html

And you should simply start over with the spry.. you'll save yourself a lot of time and frustration. Just be sure to change only the things you are sure about.. and check often.

I, myself, am having an issue with Spry..

DWcourse
08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
To start over you need to delete the existing menubar .css file and the link to it in the head of your document