PDA

View Full Version : PayPal page template

PaulOl
08-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Can anyone point me toward an good but simple PayPal e-payments template, or is this something I obtain/copy direct from PayPal?

Corrosive
08-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Not sure what you mean?

PaulOl
08-07-2011, 09:21 AM
OK ... in its simplest form I want to be able to accept cash payments direct from customers. I want a PayPal portal on my website to facilitate this ...

Corrosive
08-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Everything you'll need for that is at; https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/home

JBD
08-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think you can accept 'cash' however paypal can quite easily be added to your site enabling your customers to pay either with their Paypal account or with a debit/credit card.

The simplest way I've used to add paypal is to use the 'Payment button maker' which is a straight forward process of creating a button for your site specific to the item you're selling. You then copy and paste the generated html code into your website and this will display a button which users can click to buy your product. You will need to create new buttons for each product plus you can create 'add to cart' and 'view cart' buttons. There are also a number of things to do to help create a natural integration between paypal and your site such as custom paypal check out pages.

Their are more advanced options such as the Express Checkout and Payments Pro but I've never used these.

PaulOl
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi ... thanks for the pointer to the PayPal Developer site ... I appear now to have constructed a link from my website to a Shopping Cart from Mal's E-Commerce that will result in customers being able to make payments direct to me using Credit Card or via any existing PayPal account that they may have.