PDA

View Full Version : Live View problem

jenpen
08-06-2011, 03:22 AM
I have just started a new site in HTML5 (PHP/CSS). I have structured the page and added a couple of background images. It looks fine in Design view but when I switch to Live view the background images and styling all disappear. Same problem when viewing in the browser. What could cause this? This is my first HTML5 site.

Corrosive
08-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Can you get this online and give us a link please?

agentmoeller
08-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Having the same problem. I created an index.html page, opened up page properties, added my png file as a background image. But when I preview in browser, I get nothing.

?????????????????

DWcourse
08-06-2011, 09:59 PM
As an experiment try switching your background image url and/or CSS link to document rather than site relative (or vice versa) and see if this has any effect.

Also, certain characters in enclosing folders can cause problems.

jenpen
08-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry, I just found an anomaly in the CSS code which was causing the background images to not display in browser view (although it didn't upset Design view). So mine's fixed - good luck agentmoeller. In case it's the same mistake, I had "url" twice after background, ie
background: url url(../_images/footer_bg.gif) no-repeat;

I think this happened because I typed "url", thinking it would autofill, and it did but doubled up.