PDA

View Full Version : DW CS5 Rollover Buttons casting a brownish shadow on "over" and "click"

BizzyWizz
08-03-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm using DW CS5 and CSS. Made the buttons in Fireworks. Uploaded into Dreamweaver. They work fine; however, have a orange/brownish cast on the bottom of all the buttons when "Mouseover" and "Mouseclick".

I thought it might be the graphics; however, when rendered in PN8 and/or GIF, the problem remained. The UP botton doesn't show the shadow. Switched out the UP and the OVER buttons to determine if the problem was in my graphic rendering, but then the UP button (in the OVER position) then had the shadow casting.

This is hard to explain. I'm just in the process of working on the website; however, I've uploaded one page so anyone that thinks they may have an idea of what's going on can see it in action. The site is www.Bizreka.com (http://www.Bizreka.com). I've literally spent hours on this trying to figure it out and have not gotten anywhere. If someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you.

DWcourse
08-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Get rid of the background-color property in this rule:

a:hover, a:active, a:focus {
background-color: #DA9700;
text-decoration: underline;
}

BizzyWizz
08-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh for Pete's Sake!!! How stupid do I feel. That was it -- I have no idea why I even put in a background color. Took it out and now it works. Thanks! I had literally spent hours trying to figure this out! Again, THANK YOU! :lol:

DWcourse
08-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Firebug for Firefox can make finding those issues a lot easier.

BizzyWizz
08-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Firebug for Firefox can make finding those issues a lot easier.

I'll check it out. How do I mark this thread as "resolved" -- is taht possible.

domedia
08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
I'll check it out. How do I mark this thread as "resolved" -- is taht possible.

No, not possible. This is not a support system 8)