PDA

View Full Version : Website not showing pictures and no styles...

dominic600
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Okay, so last night my site was working just fine, im just testing out what i have so far which is not much. but then i re did the ftp and loaded and now its only text on a white page all bunched up in the top left corner. idk what i did wrong but i did click yes to a dependent file pop up by accident. i ment to hit no im not sure if thats what messed it up or not but idk why all of a sudden it not working.

Been trying to fix this problem for at least 5 hours now and cant find anything on the web.

Thanks,
Dominic

madforgolf
08-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Have you checked that the Index.htm doesnt start with a capital letter - index.htm needs to be small.

BizzyWizz
08-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Are you using CSS? If so, check to make sure that the last </div> for the website container wasn't accidently deleted (should be the last thing after your footer). That will sometimes lead to all the text to just run across an entire page and nothing else showing as it should.

dominic600
08-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes, index.php is lowercased. and all the <div> are all correct. what i dont understand is why it worked last night and not now.

I can upload the code if you would like to see it to help you. im just new and im following a series of videos.

Thanks

edbr
08-03-2011, 01:07 AM
whats the live link it would be easier to see the problem

dominic600
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
http://trucksitetestserver.uphero.com/

Im not sure what it could be i just checked everything and i just re ftp'ed it and it still isnt working..

edbr
08-03-2011, 03:03 AM
you have uploaded the wong file styles/styleshee.css it is a webpage not a style sheet

dominic600
08-03-2011, 03:06 AM
im confused as to what you mean. sorry. i just cause it hought it was a .css file.

edbr
08-03-2011, 03:09 AM
re upload your file, if i look online there are no styles in it
http://trucksitetestserver.uphero.com/styles//stylesheet.css

edbr
08-03-2011, 03:15 AM
sorry my mistake im looking at the error page of your hosting. check the link to your style sheet as it looks as though the path is wrong or you have not uploaded the file

dominic600
08-03-2011, 03:27 AM
ok try that

Linda32
08-11-2011, 01:56 PM
sorry my mistake im looking at the error page of your hosting. check the link to your style sheet as it looks as though the path is wrong or you have not uploaded the file

Fantastic - I had exactly the same problem and followed your advice and finally I have my page up and running :-D 8) :grin:

HelenHeels
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi - I'm a very very basic user and my local view looks fine but when viewed live www.seasidesoles.co.uk (http://www.seasidesoles.co.uk/) no style or images are showing. The appropriate files have been uploaded and showing on the remote site. I'd be really grateful if you could help me figure this out - sorry but I really am a basic user!!
Thanks

Linda32
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi Helen,

I'm no expert, but I managed to solve the problem with the ideas from this thread. Basically, make sure your images are linked correctly to your page, also make sure you've used capital/lowercase letters consistently for naming folders.
Hopefully this'll help, if not someone else with more knowledge can hopefully advise you. :)

HelenHeels
08-11-2011, 11:24 PM
ok - got styles back - put index.html top of list in root directory (remote host). Now getting lots of FTP error messages "..may not exist or permission problem" Any ideas?
Thanks

HelenHeels
08-11-2011, 11:37 PM
ok forget that - index file now appears bottom of list -obv doesn't make any difference. Way past my bedtime!