PDA

View Full Version : Transparent Drop downs

itgwraith
08-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi everyone im new to using forums and also new to the Dreamweaver Club I am currently working on a website and im not very familiar with css and the spry menu but im getting the hang of it quite quickly. anyhow what im trying to accomplish is have menu with each button be a png image and also do the same for the drops but i would like them to be a completely different image for the drops and the hover on the drops. ive been researching this a bit online and found something about css descendant selectors, i am completely lost when i read about this,, is there another way or a generic code i can edit and paste,, really having a hard time here. please help

itgwraith
08-02-2011, 04:20 AM
sorry here is a test link to show you what im talking about,, im wanting the sections that drop down to be completely different images then the horizontal line. http://www.hardlinepc.com/test/swv/index.html

DWcourse
08-02-2011, 06:21 AM
You'll need to create new rules for the submenu items and links. For instance this rule:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal li

currently controls the background for each list item. If you add this rule

ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul li

it will overwrite the previous rule. The addition of the second ul means that it applies only to list items in a list inside the MenuBarHorizontal list (i.e. a submenu list item).