PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Pane Fonts Problem!

whitesphynx
07-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I've been using Dreamweaver and Photoshop for a few years now and I decided to install these font mega packs I got ahold of and now I am trying to clean up my mess :(

Obviously I am new to these forums and like so many new posters I have banged my head against the Google wall for long enough so now I am reaching out for HELP! :confused:

OK so the problem: After installing these mega packs I have tons of fonts to pick from for Photoshop which has made life good. The drawback is that some of the fonts installed seemed to have been bogus and/or bugged fonts. I have a Mac and a PC and I am a first time Mac owner as of this year. I mention that because it is on my Mac that the problem lies. I used the validator and removed fonts that Font Book did not like. I also went thru Font Book line by line and sorted out all and any obvious bad/bugged/bs fonts I could find and still there are a few errors. This was a daunting task as I have literally thousands of fonts installed at this time. I disabled slews of them besides what I removed and still I have some small problems with fonts. The main one being with Dreamweaver.

When Dreamweaver is open with the properties panel on the bottom, the settings menus, and areas like that are now in a bold hallow font and very unreadable. Unfortunately I am not sure which font this is for certain either. Within the Dreamweaver preferences you can adjust some different fonts and changing any or all of these has absolutely no effect. Here is a SS of what I am talking about:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9305/fontss.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/fontss.jpg/)

I appreciate any input on things to try to get this back to normal. I use Dreamweaver several times a week and more and more often I am on my Mac so this is becoming very frustrating to deal with.

Thanks for your feedback!

DWcourse
07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
You might be better off in a Mac forum. But I have a couple possibilities:

Back up these files before deleting them. In case you need to restore them:

Quite DW and delete the DW configuration folder at: Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS<x>:<language>:Configuration (values in <> depend upon you setup and version of DW)

Rebuild Dreamweaver Preferences: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/rebuilding-preferences.php

whitesphynx
07-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Ya I thought about going to the mac forums but since it seems to be an Adobe issue I thought I would try here first. My guess is where ever that font comes from, as far as location, has been over written with the same named but wrong font. I checked all the standard fonts and deleted duplicates and errors that didn't fit but no fix. That might not be the problem however because while it shows up in Dreamweaver in the properties panel AND the preferences pane it does not do so in the same areas of Photoshop or Flash, only Dreamweaver.

I tried your solution to no avail. The same hard to read font is stuck there so I put back in the old config folder.

Any other suggestions?

d a v e
07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
i assume you've uninstalled one of the default system fonts - but on a mac i'm not sure what that would be, sorry.

try the adobe forums as it seems more like a font problem than a DW one

or a mac forum

whitesphynx
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
OK I'll give them a try then.

Thanks for the attempts tho :)

If any other ideas pop up don't hesitate to post it!

whitesphynx
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
OK so it's been a while and I was going to follow up with a solution once I found it but I have just been dealing with the offensive font for the past month. I have not posted in the MAC forums about this issue yet but I was about to when I came to another question I think I should ask here instead of elsewhere and that should solve the problem because it did so with a similar font issue I was having with some browsers which I did in fact trace to a Times New Roman entry that was definitely not a TNR font.
So my question to the Dreamweaver gurus is: What is the default font that Dreamweaver uses for the properties pane and menu windows? With this information I am sure I can track down the offending font, of my 5,500 installed, and remove it successfully eliminating the problem.
It's like Dreamweaver Jeopardy :D

NicCorleone
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
I had this problem also!

The offending font was called "Babylon5-Hollow-Regular".

Maybe it will work for you too.