PDA

View Full Version : Google small business ad

shogun rua
07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi,

any ideas how i can improve my Google small business ad at the moment im on page 3!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tiler+bathgate&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGHP_en-GB___GB432&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

cheers

Paul

Corrosive
07-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Which ad/company is yours Paul?

shogun rua
07-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Hi mate,

It's Pw tiling solutions.

Cheers
Paul

Corrosive
07-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Well, first I'd look at making sure your site/pages are optimised the best they can be. For example, maybe ask Rich to change your h1 from "PW Tiling" to something with the location in it. "PW Tiling - Tilers in Bathgate" might be better.

Then I'd look at using the Google reviews tools. Ask your satisfied customers to review you on Google and do it for every new job as well.

Lastly, just play the long game. Collect backlinks from directories, other sites etc. Build up the kudos of your site on the web.

If you want a quick shot in the arm then perhaps try Adwords?

shogun rua
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
hi,

its not for the www.pwtile.co.uk is for my google maps page rank.

cheers

paul

Well, first I'd look at making sure your site/pages are optimised the best they can be. For example, maybe ask Rich to change your h1 from "PW Tiling" to something with the location in it. "PW Tiling - Tilers in Bathgate" might be better.

Then I'd look at using the Google reviews tools. Ask your satisfied customers to review you on Google and do it for every new job as well.

Lastly, just play the long game. Collect backlinks from directories, other sites etc. Build up the kudos of your site on the web.

If you want a quick shot in the arm then perhaps try Adwords?

Corrosive
07-25-2011, 08:53 AM
hi,

its not for the www.pwtile.co.uk is for my google maps page rank.

cheers

paul

Paul, if you mean your Google Places listing then they are linked. A good rank for your website means a good ranking for your places listing.

shogun rua
07-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Paul, if you mean your Google Places listing then they are linked. A good rank for your website means a good ranking for your places listing.

Cheers

Mate

shogun rua
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi,

Trying to list ma site on dmoz to no avail, has me going round in circle can anybody help me?

Cheers

Paul

edbr
07-26-2011, 12:53 AM
I dont believe dmoz are accepting any new submissions, but even if they are you must submit and wait do not re apply or they claim you go back to the end of the line.

Corrosive
07-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Trying to list ma site on dmoz to no avail, has me going round in circle can anybody help me?

Good luck with that. I've tried to get sites listed in the past and not got anywhere with it. Gave up trying in the end.

mattmactavish
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,

any ideas how i can improve my Google small business ad at the moment im on page 3!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=tiler+bathgate&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGHP_en-GB___GB432&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

cheers

Paul

Simple Solution. Ask your customers to write reviews for you and then you will be higher and higher.

domedia
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Simple Solution. Ask your customers to write reviews for you and then you will be higher and higher.

Assuming they are favorable of course ;)

mattmactavish
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Assuming they are favorable of course ;)

Yes Of Course Favorable reviews will help not "Poor ratings" :D

domedia
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Just curious; how effective is this? I've never thought about it, but it seems so obvious it would help.

johnMoss
04-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Just curious; how effective is this? I've never thought about it, but it seems so obvious it would help.

I am certain reviews are not part of the algorithm; that sort of reference is too easy to manipulate. When a review(s) is present, the stars bar shows up as part of the query return along with the number of reviews in the organic field, so I would suspect that an overall rating of 4 stars plus off a multiple reviews would lead to a higher CTR from readers & hence drive the site upwards...

Shogun, you also mentioned Google maps. Are you referring to the A through J list of map buttons for locations?

krzy
10-23-2013, 06:57 PM
IMHO more linking obviously