PDA

View Full Version : Spry working unexpectedly

wahlb22
07-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm new to webdesign and Dreamweaver, so any help would be appreciated. I'm currently working on a website with a vertical spry menu bar. Now I got the menu bar set up how I want it and it links correctly with the right pages. My problem however, is that when I preview the page the menu bar acts weird. Maybe this is normal, I'm hoping one of you could tell me. When I preview the page, lets say in Chrome (although it does the same in every browser) I can click a link in the menu bar and it takes me to the correct page. However, when I attempt to click another link, nothing happens. The only way to navigate to another page is to hit the back button then click another link from the menu. I hope I was fairly clear. Any help would be appreciated.

DWcourse
07-24-2011, 05:08 AM
If you are previewing from Dreamweaver, don't worry about it. When DW creates a preview it has to rewrite your links so that they work on your computer (which isn't the same as a web server). The only page that get that "fix" is the page you preview. If you click a link to go to another page the links on the second page might not work (as you have seen).

The real test is when you upload your site and test it on a real server.

wahlb22
07-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Alright, I was hoping that was the case but wasn't sure. Thanks for your help.