PDA

View Full Version : how to remove frame from Flash image viewer in DW

JBD
07-23-2011, 07:25 PM
I've used the 'insert flash image viewer' for the first time but can't get rid of the white frame. The div, images and flash window are all identical dimensions but it scales the images down with a white border which looks terrible... Any ideas how to remove this and make the flash slideshow fit the div?

JBD
07-23-2011, 07:29 PM
note: I'm able to make the 'white frame' any colour though this is not what I'm trying to do. I wish to remove completely and present the images at full size fitting the div entirely. Setting the frame thickness to 0 and show option to no makes no difference.

JBD
07-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I think its a padding issue which cant be modified...

I'll try a Javascript alternative as at least this is compatible with Apple products.

Anyone know where I can find information on recreating the Apple slideshow viewer as this looks slick?

Corrosive
07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you mean something like this? http://tutorialzine.com/2009/11/beautiful-apple-gallery-slideshow/

JBD
07-24-2011, 03:12 PM
yeh I came across this and read through the process though tbh I think it's beyond me... I prefer apples current slideshow which just uses a row of dots to navigate the slides.

I've just sent you a message via your website for a business proposal ;)

Corrosive
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
yeh I came across this and read through the process though tbh I think it's beyond me... I prefer apples current slideshow which just uses a row of dots to navigate the slides.

Nivo slider has dot navigation. That's a pretty slider; http://nivo.dev7studios.com/

I've just sent you a message via your website for a business proposal ;)

Yep, got that. Sounds good. I only have our main e-mail in the office though (just set up on Blackberry here) so will reply tomorrow. Perhaps meet up for a coffee somewhere in our fine city during the week?

JBD
07-24-2011, 03:45 PM
That looks nice though not sure about the transition effects. I prefer a more subtle style such as fade in & out. Would also like the dots to be within the image to save on space.

No problem. Yeh I think meeting up for a coffee would be a great idea. I can come out to Yate if it's easier or you're more than welcome to visit our workshop in Horfield as our kettle does a pretty good job!

Corrosive
07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
No problem. Yeh I think meeting up for a coffee would be a great idea. I can come out to Yate if it's easier or you're more than welcome to visit our workshop in Horfield as our kettle does a pretty good job!

OK, cool. Horfield sounds good. I'll mail you tomorrow when I have my diary in front of me.