PDA

View Full Version : Flash buttons from CS3

madforgolf
07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi guys,

Had an issue with my PC and had it wiped clean

I changed to CS5.5 from CS3 and find that i can't edit the flash buttons like you could in CS3. I presume this feature is no longer available!

I have pointed CS flash 5.5 to them but that doesnt work either. Do i have to rebuilt all my buttons that need renamed and files edited, or is there something that i have missed to have them edited.

Flash cs5.5 is the primary in preferenes.

I hope you can help as it would be tedious to make 60+ new ones.:twisted:

Cheers

Marty

Corrosive
07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
If I were you I'd look at alternatives to using flash buttons due to semantics and no flash on iStuff.

domedia
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I presume this feature is no longer available!
Correct. The support for the flash buttons is deprecated.

madforgolf
07-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys for the replies.

Looks like a rebuild then in order.:twisted:

www.limavadybowls.com (http://www.limavadybowls.com) is my site without the flash buttons, i work on www.northwestbowls.co.uk (http://www.northwestbowls.co.uk) which was made by another and i was asked to take on. I'm still learning CSS so whats the best way to rebuild a new page for the latter above. Is it better to just find a template and use it or try an make a CSS page and go from there?

Any feedback from looking at the above sites (good or bad) would be welcome as i look to improve my ability.

Cheers
Marty

Ricky55
07-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes Flash buttons are a thing of the past. The main issue with them was that for the small animation that they offered there was just no point in using Flash to create them.

Where you go from here really depends on you and if you want to learn how to build websites.

If you do want to learn then yes learning how to build pages with HTML and CSS is obviously the way to go.

If you are just wanting a website then you could try a template or you could try using a CMS such as WordPress and buy a smart looking theme for this.

If you decide to learn then you've hit upon a good forum here for getting help, IMO its especially suited to helping out beginners.

Good luck.