PDA

View Full Version : Rollover image help

shanafeg
07-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Dreamweaver will easily create a normal rollover image where one image replaces another in the same spot. I need it to roll over a second set of images at a different spot on my webpage at the same time the first is being rolled over, when the cursor is hovering over the first set of images. Can Dreamweaver do that? How?

shanafeg
07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Since no one else seemed to have any ideas, I guess I'll respond to my own message. I got the double rollover (or whatever you want to call it) to work by basically tricking DW; I set up two single rollover images and then edited the raw code to combine them together. Not being an expert at Java Script, it took me most of the day to get the syntax right, but I can now duplicate the original code for future images and just plug in the different image names and ID numbers. Maybe this will prove useful to some one else here?

DWcourse
07-14-2011, 04:29 AM
All you have to do is add multiple swap-image behaviors to an image. Each swap image behavior would be triggered by the onMouseOver event on the "trigger" image but would target a different image. You'll need to make sure that you add onMouseOut behaviors to swap the images back. No editing of javascript is required.

domedia
07-14-2011, 07:42 AM
The swap image behaviors has been in DW versions for over ten years. If you have all the images needed it should take less than a minute.