PDA

View Full Version : Two problems with login popup...

FethrdWlf
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
First, I have a website that includes a login link. After clicking the link, a popup like box appears underneath the link that includes the form. That works. Now, I want to add the "onclick" (or equivalent of) function to the whole page, so that when you click anywhere, it goes away - with the exception of the form itself. Ideas?

Second, to get the box to popup, I have the CSS display set to none, and the z-index really high. Then, the link reads a javascript function that sets the display to block. My problem here is that I have a full HD monitor (1920x1080), and I know that not everyone does. The login box is set to have an absolute position, meaning it is totally static, it cannot move. But, I need it to stay inline with the link itself. On my screen, it works perfect. On the other desktop in my house, the popup is somewhere off to the right. Can I somehow constrict it to the pixels in it's containing div rather than the whole screen, or is it more difficult?

Thank you thank you thank you for any suggestions at all. Seriously, you guys have been awesome, and have helped me accomplish so many things. I know I'm hard to understand some/most of the time, but I thank you. The link for the page is below, and the login link is near the top of the page.

artfulme.x10.mx (http://artfulme.x10.mx) (it's unfinished...)

Corrosive
07-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Hey dude

If you want to position the box better (and it is way half off the screen on my home PC) then set the wrapper div to relative and take the px placement of the login from the top left of the site rather than the browser window. That should do it.

FethrdWlf
07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey dude

If you want to position the box better (and it is way half off the screen on my home PC) then set the wrapper div to relative and take the px placement of the login from the top left of the site rather than the browser window. That should do it.

It worked! Thank you.

Corrosive
07-08-2011, 07:09 AM
It worked! Thank you.

You are welcome as ever :D