PDA

View Full Version : Help with InstanceEndEditable please!

nesika
07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi,

In the template I made a mistake by making meta tags noneditable.
I've been chaning meta tags on each page, but only today I have realised by accident that all my pages have DOUBLE meta tags, but SE recognizes ONLY those noneditable which means that ALL my pages have the SAME meta tags.

Please tell me is there any way I can change those tags on each page without having to re-built each page.

What should I do now?

How do I change

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

To

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="head" -->

Here is the complete "head" code:

<head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>index</title> <link href="twoColLiqLtHdr.css (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/view-source:http://www.happy-birthday-wishes-samples.com/twoColLiqLtHdr.css)" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <!--[if IE]> <style type="text/css"> /* place css fixes for all versions of IE in this conditional comment */ .twoColLiqLtHdr #sidebar1 { padding-top: 30px; } .twoColLiqLtHdr #mainContent { zoom: 1; padding-top: 15px; } /* the above proprietary zoom property gives IE the hasLayout it needs to avoid several bugs */ </style> <![endif]--> <style type="text/css"> <!-- .style1 {color: #000000} .style2 {color: #8080FF} .style3 {color: #0080C0} .style5 {color: #0080C0; font-weight: bold; } .style6 {color: #8080FF; font-weight: bold; } .style7 {color: #8080C0} .style8 { color: #3366FF; font-weight: bold; } .style9 {font-size: x-small} .style11 { color: #FF6633; font-weight: bold; } .style13 {font-size: x-small; color: #0000CC; } .style16 {font-size: x-small; color: #F0F0F0; } .style17 {color: #000099} .style19 {font-size: x-small; color: #000099; } --> </style> <meta name="Keywords" content="happy birthday," /> <meta name="" content="Happy Birthday" /> <meta name="Description" content=" Written by writer:!" /> </head>

Thank you so much

DWcourse
07-04-2011, 04:50 PM
When you create a template DW creates and editable region in the head by default. That region is used when you insert meta tags, Spry items, etc. on a page created from a template.

It sounds like you inserted meta tags in the template in a non-editable area which wasn't necessary.

So, when you created tags for the individual pages, DW just added a second set of editable tags.

The simple answer is to edit the template to remove the non-editable meta tags and, when you update the pages, they'll be gone.

Of course, I'd back up the site files first.

nesika
07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi and thatnk ou for your reply but that is exactly what I don't know how to do:

The simple answer is to edit the template to remove the non-editable meta tags and, when you update the pages, they'll be gone.

I tried everything, but could not find the way.

Please help

domedia
07-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Did you try to open the template and it did not work?

You have to be specific about what did not work for you.

nesika
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I will try to make it simple:

Is there any way to make and non-editable section to editable?

I made a mistake and made non-editable selections that I would acctually liketo edit :-(

Thanks

DWcourse
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Simple answer. Your pages specific meta tags are already editable (that's how you managed to make them). You need to open the template and, in the code, delete the meta tags that aren't editable.

You can add new editable regions to a template at any time. Using the Insert>Template Obejects,>Editable Regionů menu item.