PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, what do you think?

SaveMyi
07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Hello, this is my first website. It is the first time I have ever written, designed, and organized a website. I know my code is very messy, but hey, it works. :) I am looking for opinions and to see what I may be able to improve. The URL is: http://www.savemyi.com It is a local iPhone repair business. Thanks so much everyone! You rock. :)

-Chris D.
SaveMyi

Corrosive
07-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Looking good Chris. I like the way it is clearly laid out by make and model to help visitors get straight to the page/service they need. You are right in the code being messy but plenty of time to keep learning all that. Great start for a first site :)

SaveMyi
07-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Looking good Chris. I like the way it is clearly laid out by make and model to help visitors get straight to the page/service they need. You are right in the code being messy but plenty of time to keep learning all that. Great start for a first site :)

Thanks a lot man! Yeah, the code needs some organization and clarity. Its been difficult trying to find everything haha! But Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!

charliestallingsdesigns
07-01-2011, 03:37 PM
i really like it ... i would say center everything though ... to me if the page is center on the screen it has a better feel to me ... but that could be a personal opinion

SaveMyi
07-02-2011, 01:41 AM
i really like it ... i would say center everything though ... to me if the page is center on the screen it has a better feel to me ... but that could be a personal opinion

I agree, but everything I try, I can't get the dang thing to center. I've used HTML tags and a div: <div align="center"></div>

DWcourse
07-02-2011, 03:12 AM
How to center a layout: http://www.dwcourse.com/dreamweaver/centering-a-web-layout.php

Basically wrap everything in a wrapper div, give it a width and apply the css property:

margin: 0 auto;

charliestallingsdesigns
07-03-2011, 10:13 AM
to ceneter everything just set the left and right margins to auto that will center it in the page.... make sure you have the divs in a wrapper div then in your css make the margin left and right of the wrapper div set to auto that will center the wrapper div in the middle of the page which will center everything else need any help let me know