PDA

View Full Version : How to manage the content of my website?

emygold
06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello Friends and webmasters,

Am glad i found answers to my questions here in this forum... But am having a Challange again with another concern that of allowing my clients to manage and edit their website without my presence or managing it for them since i may be busy with other matters in my business.

Please can i have a step by step detail on how they can manage their website content and pictures by themselves... Remember am new to web designing.

Thanks for all your supports.

Corrosive
06-29-2011, 09:19 AM
You need to choose and learn a CMS (Content Management System) and build your client websites based on that. Then they can log in and make changes themselves. List of CMS can be a bit daunting but some of the most popular open source ones are Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress as far as I know.

emygold
06-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks corrosive,
But where can i begin... Am completely a newbie trying to start web design in a big way. In the future i intending going to the IT country like India to learn web development and the rest of it.. Please where do i start my tour?

Corrosive
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
That's kind of up to you. You need to choose a CMS you like the look of and start learning. I might suggest Wordpress as there are loads of tutorials available online to get you started. It's a learning curve but web always is ;)

emygold
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks again. am going to google Wordpress tutorials and start learning. Can also get the tutorial video from youtube?

Best Regards,
Emygold

Corrosive
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
The only youtube vids I've watched have been for web design. Some have been great and others have shown really bad practices. You'll have to sort the good from the bad and don't know how you'll do that to be honest. Perhaps join; http://wordpress.org/support/ and ask members there to recommend some good beginner tutorials :)