PDA

View Full Version : Well design site with tables ?


Chapo
06-28-2011, 06:58 AM
http://www.aeepr.com

Ok.... just want to know if the site of the link above is a well design of a web site. It apears to be build in a table and not divs. Not sure if this site could be build a better way or if its ok the way it is. Is it a good practice the way it was built, is it a template or a customize site ?

jmichae3
06-28-2011, 07:06 AM
you will find that here people look down on tables for layout, mainly because that's not what tables were intended for in HTML.

Chapo
06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Some opinion about the site in the link above ?

gentleone
06-28-2011, 02:41 PM
My opinion:
Design is pretty basic. Could be a template or is just a simple design.
Poorly coded. Besides it's tablebased there are loads of inline styles with the deprecated font tag, Lightbox scripts are not between the head tags and are even before the opening body tag, plus another 44 errors - http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aeepr.com%2F
Fails semantically pretty much everywhere in the code. The navigation and Enlaces AEE for instance should be an unordered list and class names such as style14 or style22 don't make sense.
When javascript is disabled in the browser the site is useless for the users. Navigation menu doesn't work anymore.
search engines can't crawl the site because of this lousy xara javascript navigation menu.
screen readers are also lost

domedia
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
jmichae3 basically touched upon what most people are going to say. It's not how you're supposed to to make a web page.

Chapo
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Those were good answers... so Domedia, if i aproach the cient to try to rebuild the site and make it at least better and standard, the price should be less for they paid already or how can i cahrged for the rebuild if they accept ?

Ricky55
06-28-2011, 08:08 PM
You can approach this by either proving the client with a price to rebuild the website properly although I'm not being funny Chappo but if you have to ask if this site is built properly are you the right man to do this?

You can't really charge the client for you to learn how to build the site properly.

Or you could provide them a price for a new site designed and built from scratch. You could also offer them the option of a CMS.

Although the design is basic its not terrible.

Chapo
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi Ricky... please man, don't under estimate the heart of bussines man... of course i'm the man for the job, but sure, i'm not doing the coding, php or scripts, for that i have a guru friend of mine, i'm only 95% crazy, the other 5% is between smart and creative.

But don't worry Ricky, some day i'll join the Dark side with guys, meanwhile, i do bussines and others will work... hehe

(Ricky, do you remember that you once sent me a php form for a contact, do you still have it?)

domedia
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Chapo, as far as pricing go you should quote them somewhere between what you're willing to do it for, and how much they're willing to spend on it.

Or quote them how much you want and be done with it :) This is business, so it entirely depends.

If you can make a business out of this and have other people do the coding, the better for you.

Chapo
06-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Domedia... thanks for the advices, and like i said to Ricky55, i have somebody else to do the coding, i'm still a rookie. But someday i will join the Dark Side and be one of you .!!!!