PDA

View Full Version : Access to E:\login\inc\MFCAF89.tmp was denied.

alex1646
06-28-2011, 03:20 AM
It wont let me save any files.
It just randomly started happening. Any help?
:confused:

jmichae3
06-28-2011, 05:27 AM
it? what exactly is "it"?

I can tell byu the filepath that is has to do with logins (/login/) and that it is some sort of include file (/inc/) and that is a temporary file (.tmp) so it is likely something that is generated by a program.

perhaps it is caused by your PHP library you are using? If you are not using a PHP library, are you using the login code generation functionality of dreamweaver and it's maybe time for a filesystem repair?

http://jesusnjim.com/pc-repair/repair-filesystem.html

alex1646
06-28-2011, 06:23 PM
The thing is, there is no .tmp files in that directory. I made every file in that directory. And I have no idea what that file is.
And dreamweaver will not save a file in that directory cakked "login.php"

alex1646
06-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Well, I am trying a file system repair but it is stuck on one number. Any help?

alex1646
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I got it to work (:

jmichae3
06-29-2011, 11:01 PM
this could indicate bad or marginal sectors on the hard disk. hard disks are only good for 5 years.

fix errors and lock out bad sectors.

if your disk is older than 4 years, about time for a disk upgrade.

apricorn kit (just use the hard drive case) for laptop drives. for everything, use fssdev.com's casper to upgrade hard drives.

beware of the seagate 750GB momentus 2.5" drives. they have 4k sectors, and the migration process will not work right on anything.

http://jesusnjim.com/cool-products/computer/hard-drive-upgrade.html#desktop
http://jesusnjim.com/cool-products/computer/hard-drive-upgrade.html#laptop

jmichae3
06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
bad sectors can also be caused by soft errors - unbalanced cdrom disc in optical drive making loud noise also vibrates hard drive heads, making errors. in that case, send disc off to company for replacement, only fix is to reformat drive.

jmichae3
06-30-2011, 12:47 AM
it is possible that's where the bad sector is... maybe. I am not absolutely sure on how dreamweaver allocates filespace for saved files. or if it just opens the file for read/write access and simply overwrites what's there, or uses a temporary file to do its process (would be my choice).

the file may be locked by dreamweaver. you could remove the associated .lck file manually locally and from the server and see if that fixes it using windows explorer and filezilla (or simply using filezilla). this would solve a problem if dreamweaver thinks a file is checked out or some other such thing - I don't know all the conditions dw uses to put locks on files.

side note: I know my friend uses dreamweaver to ftp, and we had a lock problem we had to solve one day. his system was 5 years old, and had never been reformatted since then and desperately needed it. filesystem corruption. chkdsk would not work completely. dreamweaver acted strange too. I was grateful when his system got a reformat recently through a friend.
things work much better for him now. If the filesystem is corrupt enough that the program is corrupt or the OS is corrupted beyond a simple fs repair, a simple filesystem fix won't do the trick, then you would need an OS Repair or possible a format if it is bad enough. an OS repair keeps your programs but replaces the OS parts of the registry. you may or may not have to reinstall programs (my friend did), and you will have to reinstall service packs and windows updates.

I wish I was there, I could probably figure out a way to fix the problem that isn't drastic. this is what comes to mind right now is mostly the lock thing. that could prevent you from saving a file *maybe* but prevent you from uploading a file *definitely*. be sure dw is *CLOSED* when you delete the .lck files.

If you are running a version control system (dw uses SVN), I would check the file in before messing with the lock files. any .lck file left over at that point shouldn't be there, but there may be a .svn file *maybe* (I've not messed with SVN, but I have seen .svn files everywhere), but I am not sure, since this stuff normally resides on the server's repository I should think. with CVS it integrates with windows explorer locally and there's these funny folders....

jmichae3
06-30-2011, 12:52 AM
sorry - I was looking at a previous post - I am through. now you know all my tricks... :-)